* Extensive communications experience in higher education, nonprofits, local government and journalism
* Expertise in writing, editing, media relations, social media, and publication and Web content development
* Successful in adapting communication strategies and writing styles for diverse organizations, audiences and stakeholders
* Effective collaboration with internal and external clients, counseled leadership in communication strategies, and been a member of fundraising and marketing teams.
A Portrait in Words,
Offers diverse written communication strategies, including publication content, Web content, ghost-writing, copywriting, media relations, editing.
* Loram Maintenance of Way – Content development of 80 profiles for Employee Recognition publication
* Urban Ventures – Editing projects for print publications, online, eblasts
* Stertz Common Sense Office – Collaborated on development of business plan and Web content
* Wendi Marshall, Communication Consultant,
* Home Improvement Plus, Inc. – Development of Web content
Contractual copywriter with Schoolwires, a K12 education technology company
* Developed topical articles on flipped classroom, PR function in K-12 schools, client success stories
* Collaborated with administration, faculty and staff at school districts throughout the U.S.
Developed news releases, Web content, features, and pitches for local and national media for one of the premier park systems in the country
* Enhanced, maintained and wrote content for 1,500-page Website: http://www.minneapolisparks.org/.
* Researched, developed and wrote 900 news releases, including environmental education, recreation programming, Board of Commissioners action and regional park development
* Developed media relations plan and Website content for centennial celebration of
Director of Communications
Leadership Foundations of
Developed and implemented communication and marketing strategies to support LFA members, potential members, donors/investors and program partners. Duties also included writing, editing, publications and Website development. Collaborated with freelance writers, graphic designers and photographers
* Developed communication strategy using publications, Websites and teleconferencing for start-up national headquarters encompassing various audiences and communication media
* Maintained Website, including writing, navigation and content management system
Communications Manager, Media Relations/Publications Manager, Writer
Northwestern College & Radio,
Responsibilities included writing, editing, communication strategies, media relations, publications development, and photography for a wide variety of internal and external audiences. Duties included developing and writing for news releases, institutional magazines, brochures, newsletters, radio, direct mail and Website content
* Developed and implemented local and national media relations strategy and crisis communication protocol
* Collaborated with advancement/development teams on fund-raising collateral
* Developed media strategies for presidential inauguration, college centennial, KTIS Radio 50th celebration, and
News Editor, Staff Writer
Chronicle & Times,
Responsibilities included hard news, features, columns and editorials, editing, composition, desktop publishing, photography
Bachelor of Science - Written Communication